Every effort has been made to ensure that Show details, locations, contact names, numbers are correct, but sometimes these change without advice to us.
AUSTRALIAN MINIATURE PONY SOCIETY INC - SA PROMOTIONAL GROUP
2016 / 2017
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN HIGH POINT RULES:
1. Nomination will be automatic for ALL PONIES & HANDLERS (See Sections below)
shown this season, AT NO COST TO MEMBERS
2. YOU MUST ATTEND AND TAKE PART IN THE RELEVANT CLASSES,
OF AT LEAST AN EQUIVALENT OF HIGH POINT SHOWS
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR INCLUSION IN THE HIGH POINT.
Kindly note that Double Judged Shows are equivalent to 2 High Point Shows.
ALL Shows that have AMPS® High Point Classes will count as High Point Shows and will be noted as such on the Calendar of Shows: you may attend as many High Point Shows as you wish.
3. ONLY your BEST scored Shows will count for High Point, i.e. if you attend say 13 High Point Shows, only the that you have scored the highest points will be included. You do not have to nominate these Shows, this will be done automatically at the end of the Season when all the High Point Shows have finished and High Points are counted and it will be obvious which are your
highest scoring High Point Shows.
4. Ponies must be owned or officially leased by a South Australian Member and the owner must be a Financial Member of the Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc.
5. Ponies must be Foal Recorded, Adult or Appendix Registered with the
Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc.
6. ALL Handlers must be financial Members of the Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc.
7. To be eligible for High Points, you MUST enter the ring and be judged; if you leave the ring before judging is complete you are NOT eligible for High Points. If you have entered the Class and are present at the Show, but do not enter the ring and be judged;
you are NOT eligible for any High Points.
8. POINT SCORING:
SUPREME ~ 3 points:
GELDING SUPREME (at Shows where we have separate Supreme for Geldings)
5 points (includes 2 Grand Champion points, as there is no Grand Champion Gelding at these Shows)
GRAND CHAMPION ~ 2 points
CHAMPION ~ 8 points
RESERVE CHAMPION ~ 4 points
1 Exhibitor in class 3 points
2 Exhibitors in class 4 points 1st 3 points 2nd
3 or 4 Exhibitors in class 5 points 1st 4 points 2nd 3 points 3rd
5 or more Exhibitors in class 6 points 1st 5 points 2nd 4 points 3rd
HIGH POINT BEST PRESENTED PONY AND JUNIOR HANDLER
HIGH POINT BEST PRESENTED PONY AND ADULT HANDLER
HIGH POINT FILLY ~ 2 Years and under
HIGH POINT MARE ~ 3 Years and over
HIGH POINT COLT ~ 2 years and under
HIGH POINT STALLION ~ 3 Years and over
HIGH POINT JUNIOR GELDING ~ 2 Years and under
HIGH POINT SENIOR GELDING ~ 3 Years and over
HIGH POINT JUNIOR HANDLER HIGH POINT ADULT HANDLER
HIGH POINT HARNESS PONY
HIGH POINT HAND LED MINIATURE PONY RIDDEN CLASS
HIGH POINT APPENDIX PONY
*** If you have any queries about any of the above Rules, please contact Barb Voysey ***